Friday, 4 April 2008

Get your FREE European Health Insurance Card ONLINE - formerly Form E111

What is an EHIC?

In line with EU rules, all EEA (European Economic Area) countries are issuing the European Health Insurance Card (EHIC) as a replacement for the E111 form.
The EHIC gives the holder rights to treatment that becomes medically necessary during a temporary visit to EEA (European Economic Area) countries or Switzerland. People who are ordinarily resident in the UK can apply for an EHIC. Each individual travelling requires a card.

Who is entitled to an EHIC?

Any person who is ordinarily resident in the UK, is eligible for an EHIC. However there are some restrictions depending on your nationality. Read 'Access to Healthcare Abroad'. for further information. You must be over 16 years of age in order to apply. Residents of the Channel Islands and the Isle Of Man are not eligible.

Is there any charge for an EHIC?

There is no charge.


No comments: